Let’s be real, cleaning and organizing your refrigerator can be a daunting task. But fear not, because a little bit of work and some clever hacks will have your fridge sparkling and organized in no time. In this guide, we’ll cover the basics of refrigerator cleaning, as well as some tips and tricks for how to organize fridge compartments and drawers. So grab your rubber gloves and let’s get started!
How to Organize Fridge Sections and Keep Them Clean
If you’re planning on organizing and cleaning your fridge, we’ve found it’s best to do both at the same time. Let’s start with learning how to clean a refrigerator properly, and then we’ll move on to how to organize fridge sections.
The Best Way to Clean a Fridge
The first step in cleaning your fridge is to empty it out completely. This means taking everything out of the fridge, including all the shelves and drawers. Once everything is out, you can start cleaning.
- Use mild detergent and warm water to clean the interior of the fridge, including the shelves and drawers. Most drawers are removable and can be washed with soap and water in the sink.
- For tough stains or spills, use baking soda and water to make a paste and apply it to the stain.
- Wipe down the exterior of the fridge with a damp cloth.
- Clean the door seals with a damp cloth and check that they’re not cracked or damaged.
Organizing a Refrigerator
Now that your fridge is clean, it’s time to organize it as you put the food back in. Here are some refrigerator cleaning tips and tricks to keep your fridge organized and efficient.
- Learn how to organize fridge containers to store leftovers and other food items. This way you can easily see what’s inside and it will help prevent spills and leaks.
- Utilize stackable shelves and drawers to maximize space.
- Use small baskets or bins to corral smaller items like bottles and jars.
- Label everything with the date it was made or opened, to keep track of the freshness of your food.
- Keep frequently used items at eye level and less frequently used items at the bottom.
Refrigerator Organization Hacks
Here are some clever refrigerator organization tricks and refrigerator hacks to make cleaning and organizing your fridge even easier:
- A lint roller can help remove crumbs and debris from the crevices of your fridge.
- Use a fridge magnet to keep a dry-erase marker handy for labeling your leftovers and other items.
- Add a tension rod to hang bags of chips and other snacks, freeing up shelf space.
- Use a shoe organizer to store smaller items like bottles and jars.
- Add a lazy Susan to make it easier to access items in the back of your fridge.
With these tips and tricks, your fridge will be sparkling clean and organized in no time. Don’t forget to regularly clean and maintain your fridge to keep it running efficiently. And remember, a little bit of organization can go a long way in preventing food waste and keeping your fridge running smoothly. And don’t forget, if there are any issues like your refrigerator leaking or your fridge making noise, you can always call the refrigerator repair team at Sloan Appliance. Happy cleaning and organizing!